Kendriya Vidhayala Sangathan is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. KVS invited applications for the post of Librarian. A Librarian has many responsibilities like Maintain the records of books, maintain & supervise the library Software and Maintain Innovation Projects on Library Services (Emails, websites etc). KVS Recruitment Exam is only a gateway to get a Job as a Librarian in any Kendriya Vidyalaya. In this article, we will discuss the KVS Librarian Job Profile and KVS Librarian salary offered.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to KVS Librarian 2020 Recruitment Notification.
Highlights of Exam
The official notification of KVS Recruitment Examination 2020 is yet to be released on the official website.
|Name of Examination||KVS Librarian|
|Conducting Body||KVS – Central Board of Secondary Education Delhi (CBSE)|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline|
|No. of Seats Available||To be Notified|
Candidates applying for the KVS Librarian Recruitment 2020 exam needs to check these important dates related to KVS Librarian. The given dates are Expected.
|KVS Librarian Application||To be updated shortly|
|Last date to apply online||To be updated shortly|
|KVS Librarian Admit Card||To be updated shortly|
|KVS Librarian Exam Date||To be updated shortly|
|KVS Librarian Result||To be updated shortly|
Before we go deep with the information let us first have a look at the Major Features of the KVS Recruitment 2020.
KVS Librarian Salary Offered
|Detailed Salary Structure|
|HRA (Currently 24% of Basic)||10776|
|DA (Currently 7% of Basic)||3143|
|TA (3600 + DA on TA)||3852|
|NPS (National Pension Scheme)||4804|
|Income Tax||1500 (Approximately)|
|DHS / CGHS||650|
|Net Salary (In Hand)||55697|
|Total NPS Contribution (For Pension)||9608|
- Professional colleges
- Professional Institutions
- Medical colleges
- Nursing colleges
- Teacher’s training colleges
- Art Institutes
- Dance academies
Job Responsibilities of Librarian
- Maintain records of circulation like Staff issue register, Student issue card, Periodical issue register, Class Library records etc.
- Manage the Planning administrative and budgetary functions of Library and Information Services.
- Maintain & Supervise Library Software (e-Granthalaya) on daily basis such as Back-up, Circulation, Update Holdings, Overdue Notice etc.
- Maintaining Library Classification and Cataloguing, Bar Code and make them easy for use.
- The entry of newly purchased books in Library Association Register as well as in Library Software (e-Granthalaya).
- The entry of Periodicals / Journals is made in Library Periodicals Register as well as Library Software.
- Issue Books/ Periodicals to Staff & Students of Vidyalaya on Regular basis.
- Updating Vidyalaya Library Blog on Regular basis.
- Constitute & Supervise Vidyalaya Reader’s Club.
- Manage Vidyalaya Library Committee Meeting Records.
- Prepare and Compile Subject Wise list of Books, Periodicals, Journals and Articles.
- Supervise shelving of Books/ Periodicals as per their sequence and call Number.
- Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items and to discard them.
- Organize Vidyalaya Books Exhibition on New Arrivals.
- Provide effective access to library collection and resources.
- Assemble and arrange display materials.
- Prepare the Annual Library Activity Plan and to organize it as per schedule.
- Maintain Innovation Projects on Library Services (E-mail Integration, Library Blog, Library Website etc.).
Skills for Job
- excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- good organisational and time-management skills
- energy, enthusiasm, stamina, patience, dedication, resilience and self-discipline
- the initiative, leadership and supervisory skills and team working abilities
- imagination, creativity and a sense of humour
- good judgement and an analytical mind
For any Query related to KVS Recruitments 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for KVS Recruitment 2020.
👉🏻 Dream it. Do it. Achieve it.
👉🏻 Keep working Hard
👉🏻 Never Give Up
Do you have any query? Ask here for quick & better discussions.
Best of Luck…!!!