Hello, students welcome to jobs.edufever.com online learning section. In this article, we are going to share as much as possible information related to Nagaland GK 2020 Questions and Current Affairs (Nagaland state GK in PDF). The article is specially designed for those students who are preparing for a state or national level Jobs and searching Nagaland general knowledge 2020 questions and answers.
In Every Competitive Exam, some questions were asked from Static Gk. Here, we provide you with all the Nagaland state GK 2020 in PDF. This will help you to score good marks in General Awareness Section. This article shows detailed information about Nagaland GK 2020 Questions and Current affairs. Aspirants who are applying for SSC, HPSSC, HPTETand state-level jobs in Nagaland must have a look at Nagaland GK 2020 Questions and Current Affairs facts in this article.
You can read and download free the latest Nagaland GK Questions and Current Affairs asked in popular state-level service commissions of Nagaland. Now you don’t have to waste your money on costly Nagaland General Knowledge Books (Nagaland GK Books), the article is alone capable of answering all the questions asked in various State-level Government Jobs in Nagaland. Download now Nagaland state GK in PDF.
- 1 Nagaland GK Questions and Current Affairs
- 2 History
- 3 Geographical Structure
- 4 Administrative Structure
- 5 Religion
- 6 Arts & Culture
- 7 Economy
- 8 Education
- 9 List of Top Colleges in India
- 10 Heritage Sites
Nagaland GK Questions and Current Affairs
Facts About Nagaland GK
- Nagaland became the full-fledged 16th state of India on 1 Dec 1963.
This state borders with Assam in the northwest, Arunachal Pradesh in north and Manipur in the south. It also shares an international boundary with Myanmar.
- The capital of the state is Kohima and the largest city is Dimapur.
The state has a mostly hilly area with “Mount Saramati” as the highest peak of Naga hills which have a height of 3840 m. This mountain peak is shared with two countries India and Myanmar.
- The mountain range “Mount Saramati” forms a natural barrier for Myanmar.
- Nagaland has got another name called “Falcon capital of the world”.
Mithun (a semi-domesticated bull) found only in northeastern states which is the state animal.
- Jhume(Shifting) cultivation is generally practised in Nagaland.
The Nagaland Sugar Mill located at Dimapur has a capacity of 1000 tonnes per day.
- The whole population is tribal and each tribe has its unique costumes, language and dress.
- Nagaland is one of the three states which has a majority of Christians. (Other two are Manipur and Meghalaya).
- People of Nagaland are quite literate and most of the population speak English which is also the Official language.
- Nagaland is the only Indian state which showed a drop in population between 2001 to 2011 census.
- The major tribes of Nagaland include Ao, Sangtam, Chakhesangs, Kacharis, Kukis, Angamis, Konyaks, Aos, Sumis, Changs, Lothas etc
- Nagaland is called as Land of Festivals. Each tribe have their own festivals and they celebrate it with full zest and zeal.
- Hornbill festival is the quite popular comparatively other festivals in Nagaland. Hornbill festivals are called as festivals of festivals.
The State Nagaland was formally founded on December 1st, 1963, as the 16th State of the Indian Union. Nagaland, being one of the “eight Sisters” commonly called as the North-Eastern Region including Sikkim, It is a land of lush green forests, rolling mountains, enchanting valleys, swift-flowing streams and of beautiful landscape.
Below table will tell more about Nagaland GK and Its history.
|1.||Founded on||1 December 1963|
|2.||Capital Formation||1 December 1963|
|5.||Major Historical Events||
Nagaland is boarded by Assam in the West, Myanmar in the east, Arunachal Pradesh and part of Assam in the North and Manipur in the South. It is also one of the smallest states of India.
|1.||Total Area||16,579 km²|
|3.||The ranks of the state||Area Rank:-26th
|4.||Population Density||119/sq. km|
|5.||State Bounded By||
|8.||Forest Area||13,345 sq. km (80.49%)|
|10.||Major Dam||Doyang Hep Dam|
- Kohima War Cemetery – Kohima war cemetery memorial dedicated to soldiers of second British Division of the Allied Forces who died in Kohima Second World War, the capital of Nagaland on April 1944.
- Mokokchung – The Mokokchung district of Nagaland is where the famous Moatsu festival is celebrated.
- Mount Pauna – Mount Pauna is the third highest peak of Nagaland. It belongs to the Benreu range and offers you some of the most breathtaking and picturesque views you have ever witnessed.
- Kachari ruins – It is located in Dimapur, Nagaland. It is the set of dome-shaped pillars. These pillars were constructed in Kachari civilization in the 10th century.
Nagaland has many rivers that originate from the Brahmaputra river. The following table will let you know all about rivers in Nagaland. To download entire Nagaland state gk in pdf link is given at the end of the article.
National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries
- Intanki National Park
- Fakim Wildlife Sanctuary
- Puliebadze Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rangapahar Wildlife Sanctuary
|3.||Chief Ministers||Neiphiu Rio|
|6.||State Bird||Blyth’s Tragopan|
|7.||State Flower||Rhododendron Arboreum|
|8.||State Tree||Alnus nepalensis|
|9.||No. of District||12|
|12.||Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly)||60|
|16.||Time Zone||UTC/GMT +5:30 hours|
|17.||Postal Code||Different according to Area|
|18.||Vehicle Code||NL —|
|19.||Judiciary||The Guwahati High Court|
|7.||Naga folk religion||0.14%|
Arts & Culture
|4.||Cuisine (Famous Food)||
|Ao||Moatsu||May 1st Week|
|Khiamniungan||Tsoküm||October 1st Week|
|Konyak||Aoleang Monyu||April 1st to 3rd|
|Kuki||Chavang Kut||November 1|
|Lotha||Tokhu Emong||November 7td|
|Phom||Monyu||April 1st Week|
|Pochury||Yemshe||October 1st Week|
|Rengma||Ngada||November Last Week|
|Sangtam||Mongmong||September 1st Week|
|Yimchungrü||Medümneo / Metemniu||August 4td to 8td|
|Ao||Tsungremong||First week of August|
|Sumi||Ahuna||November 14 -15|
|1.||State GDP||₹0.215 lakh crore (US$3.0 billion) (2016-17)|
|2.||Growth rate||11.78 %(2018)|
|3.||Per capita income||₹ 1,16,882 (US$ 6,387)|
|4.||GDP per capita rank||20th|
|4.||No. of School||32 (Primary, Secondary)|
|5.||Affiliation Board||NBSE, CBSE, NBOSE By lows|
|6.||No. of University||3 (Deemed, Privet, State, central)|
|7.||Colleges in Nagaland||67 (Engineering, Medical, Law, Management)|
|1.||Major Tourist Places||
- Neiphiu Rio – he is a present member of parliament from Nagaland. He served thrice as Chief Minister of Nagaland. He is also the recipient of Mother Teresa Millenium Award (the year 2007) for his remarkable contribution to politics.
- Chekrovolu Swuro – is a famous archer from Dimapur, Nagaland. She has participated in many international level games and represented India in Olympics 2012, Asian Games 2002 and 2006. She was in a team that won a silver medal in 2011 World Archery.
We are sure this article Nagaland GK 2020 Questions and Current Affairs is going to help you in your further exams like SSC (Staff Selection Commission), UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), etc. For more awesome and free articles like Nagaland state GK in PDF, visit our website https://shop.edufever.com
Best of luck!!
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers