Attention Aspirants, the RBI Recruitment Board has recently advertised a notification to conduct an online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the next Recruitment Process of RBI Assistant 2020.
The advertisement is made to fill near about 926 Assistant Cadre Posts in the Reserve Bank of India. Throughout the article, we will discuss the RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2020. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to RBI Assistant 2020 Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Cut-Off||Q & A||Job Profile|
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2020 | Age | Nationality | Qualification
Serving your country with all financial needs is the prime objective of an RBI Banking Assistant. One of my cousins is working in RBI Guwahati and looking at his work profile, I can say that it is far better than any other Banking job. Before we discuss further, let us have a look at RBI Assistant Job vacancies.
RBI Assistant 2020 Vacancy
An Assistant in RBI is responsible for maintaining different type of work like
- File Work
- Data Entry
- Replying to Mails
One can directly work for national development and contribute to society. All these features make the job a lifetime opportunity for all the applying candidate. Let us quickly move to the number of vacancies for different state mentioned in RBI Assistant 2020 recruitment notification.
|Office||Vacancies||PWD #||EXS #|
thapuram & Kochi
- The Bank reserves the right to increase/ decrease the number of vacancies as per the requirement or not fill up the vacancies.
- The vacancies in brackets() indicate backlog (Bhopal includes 1 vacancy for Raipur, Chandigarh includes 1 vacancy for Shimla, Guwahati includes 1 vacancy for Agartala,1 for Shillong, 1 for Aizwal and 1 for Imphal, Kanpur & Lucknow includes 38 vacancies for Lucknow and 4 for Dehradun, Kolkata includes 1 vacancy for Gangtok, Mumbai includes 3 vacancies for Pune and 1 vacancy for Panaji and 23 vacancies for Belapur and Patna includes 1 vacancy for Ranchi.
- The reservation under various categories will be as per prevailing Government Guidelines at the time of finalization of the result.
Now let us quickly move to the RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2020.
RBI Assistant 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
Let’s read the eligibility criteria for the recruitment of RBI Assistant 2020 Vacancy.
- A Citizen of India or Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan refugee
- Those who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate
from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for the post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read,
write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
- The date of passing eligibility will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by the
University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online
application. Where CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into a percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for document verification, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks by the candidates in terms of norms.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the
candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/year(s) by aggregating maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional/additional optional subject if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 49.99% will be treated as less than 50%.
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 28 years
Note: Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/12/1991 and not later than 01/12/1999 (both days including) are only eligible to apply. Age Relaxation for PWD and Backward Classes as mentioned by the government of India notification.
|SC/ST||5 Years i.e. up to 33 years|
|OBC||3 Years i.e. up to 31 years|
|PwD||10 Years for Gen, 13 years for OBC & 15 years for SC/ST|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service provided by them to Armed Forces+ 3 years additional (Up to 50 Years)|
|Divorced women/Widows/Women judicially separated and not re-married||10 Years|
|Candidates who were domiciles in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in between the period 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
|Candidates, holding working experience of RBI||Years of Experience (Maximum 3 years)|
Caste Criteria for RBI Assistant 2020 exam:
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s case, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list caste for each state is available on the site www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted. Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the online application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document
For any Query related to RBI Assistant Recruitment notification 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the clerk in RBI. For more jobs related information, subscribe to our Jobs and Tutorials Segment.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!