RBI Assistant Cadre Job is one of the most demanding jobs in India. A RBI Assistant is responsible for replying emails and doing day today transaction related to the apex organisation. As an Assistant in Reserve Bank can give you the opportunity to work directly for the national growth. All these features make the job a lifetime opportunity for all the applying candidate. If you too willing to work as an Assistant in RBI then keep in mind that the notification for filling up of 926 RBI Assistants has been released. Throughout the article, every aspect related to RBI Assistant Salary, Job Profile and other allowances will be discussed.
As the notification for the RBI Assistant 2020 has just been published, aspirants are starting their conversation about How much the job will pay us? and what are the benefits and allowances of the job like questions? This article will let you know about the RBI Assistant Salary, Job Profile, Promotion and other allowances granted to an employee working as an Assistant in Reserve Bank of India.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to RBI Assistant 2020 Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Cut-Off||Q & A||Job Profile|
RBI Assistant Salary | Job Profile | Promotions | Allowances
Before we discuss the pay band for the job, let us have a brief look at the RBI Assistant Job Profile.
RBI Assistant Job Profile
An Assistant is responsible for ensuring financial stability in the country by helping in circulation and issue of new currency. They are also responsible to verify all the other banks working under RBI. Document verification is one of the most challenging tasks for an assistant as they have to check whether the banks are working under the guidelines suggested by the RBI or not. The job profile of an RBI Assistant can be defined in the following way.
- File work: An assistant in RBI is responsible to maintain collections of receipts, ledger, and other financial related work.
- Data Entry: You may also work as a Data Entry Operator. As after the digitization of the bank, day to day transaction is recorded on the computer.
- Checking and replying to Mails: RBI is the apex banking organisation in the country and all other nationalized or private banks have to work under the RBI Guidelines. As a result, it receives lots of letter on a daily basis where the assistants have to reply to the emails on a daily basis.
Promotion and Career Growth of an RBI Assistant
Promotion and career growth are the two most important factors that decide on a Job profile. Being an Assistant in RBI, you will have ample chance to prove your worth and get promoted to higher ranks. An RBI Assistant can get a promotion to higher rank either via routine promotion(merit-based) or via promotion examination (on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services of a bank, he/she will be selected as Officer.)
Generally, there are these two processes through which an Assistant get promoted to a Grade “A” officer.
- Promotion examination: The Employee can seat for the promotional test to get qualify for higher ranks. But before that one has to undergo their service period of minimum of 2 years to become eligible for promotion to Officer level.
- Routine Promotion (Merit-based): After a fixed year of service tenure (two-year service (minimum)) as an assistant, one can apply for diploma courses like JAIIB/CAIIB conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) to get promoted to higher ranks.
RBI Assistant Service Scales and Promotion
Once you get eligible for promotion either via promotional test or merit-based, you can be promoted to these ranks.
|Scale 1||Officer / Assistant Manager||Grade A|
|Scale 2||Manager||Grade B|
|Scale 3||Senior/Assistant General Manager||Grade C|
|Scale 4||Chief/Deputy General Manager||Grade D|
RBI Assistant Salary
An assistant at the time of probation can get a salary in the range 18k to 22k. After the successful completion of the training period, you will be entitled to other perks and allowances. Let us check out the RBI Assistant salary for 2018.
|Basic pay||Rs. 14650/- per month||Plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only.|
|Payscale||13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800-1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years)||Up to service tenure|
|Allowances||Assistants||Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc.|
|Gross in hand||Approximately Rs. 36,091/- per month.||Vary from place to place.|
RBI Assistant Perks and allowances.
If you have checked the job profile and other useful information regarding RBI Assistant, then it is time to check some of the other allowances that RBI gives to its employee.
- Working Days: Good news. You have to work only for 5 days. Saturday & Sunday off.
- Minimum customer interaction: If we compare RBI jobs with other banking jobs then the job of an Assistant does not include so much of public dealing.
- Free Accommodation: Apart from its handsome salary and perks, RBI also gives its staff self-maintained quarters. You may also get a house loan with the bare minimum interest rate.
- Loans and other facilities: Working in RBI have so many benefits that we can’t even count many of them. You may also get various loans, Scholarship and other financial aids with a bare minimum interest rate. All of these makes RBI a very promising place to work in. (Educational loans: up to 20 lakhs, Housing loan facility up to 30 lakhs).
Some of the other benefits with the Reserve Bank of India are as followed.
- You may also ask for Advances if required.
- An Assistant also gets Medical Benefits to form the organisation.
- You will get all the gazetted holidays as well as Saturday Sunday off. Kind of dream job.
- Work pressure of an assistant with RBI is far less than those who work with other nationalized banks.
For any Query related to RBI Assistant Recruitment notification 2020, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the clerk in RBI. For more jobs related information, subscribe to our Jobs and Tutorials Segment.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!